Replacing your kitchen handles can give your kitchen a whole new look. But what do you need to consider when replacing kitchen handles? Here's how to replace kitchen handles with thought and confidence.
Steps for replacing the handles in your kitchen
Follow the steps below to replace the handles in your kitchen:
- Measure the length and depth of the handles
- Unscrew the handles
- Measure the length between the centre of one screw hole and the centre of the other screw hole
- Find the right handles to give your kitchen the new modern, country or industrial look. With custom-made handles, you can be sure to cover up the old screw holes.
- Screw the new handles onto your kitchen cabinets. You may need to pre-drill if the new screws are significantly larger than your old screw holes.
Customised handles ideal for replacing your kitchen handles
The handles that you are going to replace have a certain dimension. In total length and in dimensions from the centre of one screw hole to the centre of the other screw hole. You want to be sure that you cover the holes of your old kitchen handles with the new handles.
It is good to know that you can buy custom-made handles from Dimitri Baldé. If you tell us the total length of your handle and the distance between the centres of the screw holes, we can make the handle you want to fit. This ensures that the fastening plates of your new handles fall over the holes of your old handles.
A sleek kitchen with new handles is the goal, right?
Inspiration for replacing your kitchen handles
The links above will take you directly to the handles category in our webshop. Would you first like to gain some inspiration about which handles to replace in which kitchen? Then take a look at the pages below:
- Handles for industrial kitchens
- Country kitchen handles
- Black handles for a modern kitchen; New Skool or Straight Black
Read in the blog "Do you place your kitchen handles horizontally or vertically?" what is usual when placing your handles.
Good luck with replacing the handles in your kitchen!